Enlightened Hospitality Investments (EHI) is a value-added strategic investor formed to leverage the brands, businesses, and team of Union Square Hospitality Group to identify growth potential and investment opportunities in both internal and outside ventures. EHI is uniquely positioned to provide resources, relationships, and visibility to drive growth for our portfolio partners.
At USHG, we count Entrepreneurial Spirit among our core values. For over thirty years, asking “whoever wrote the rule?” has led us down exciting and innovative paths. But because we don’t have a monopoly on good ideas, we’re now excited to thoughtfully pursue investments with values-aligned organizations through Enlightened Hospitality Investments (EHI). With a focus on investing in hospitality and related technology companies, EHI partners with its portfolio companies to provide unmatched strategic direction, operational experience, and key relationships.
Investment Criteria and Target Transaction Types
• Culture that is fully aligned with Enlightened Hospitality and USHG values
• Category we believe in that has a tremendous addressable market
• Leader in category with a powerful business model
• Talented management team
• Idea we wish we’d have come up with ourselves!
Primary Sector Focus:
• Hospitality (with a focus on fine casual restaurants)
• Technology supporting hospitality and consumer experiences
Stage for Most Investments:
• Hospitality Businesses should have at least 5 – 10 locations
• Technology businesses should be generating revenue, and have a defined path toward profitability
• Flexible, with focus on growth equity
• Target equity investment of $10-25 million
Who We Are
Enlightened Hospitality Investments is led by Union Square Hospitality Group’s Chief Investment Officer, Mark Leavitt. The Enlightened Hospitality Investments team works hand in hand with the executive leaders of USHG and many other partners in our restaurants and other businesses to advance the culture of Enlightened Hospitality beyond the walls of our own businesses.